Musings of a MICE
Wednesday, March 09, 2005
 
Ah... today was a long day.. wait... *looks at time* yesterday was a long day

I stayed at the Howard Johnson on Warden and HW 401. Learned that no one trusts a lone Chinese guy in the middle of the night. Or rather no Indian guy trusts me in the middle night... I dunno... I look mean or something :P The Indian manager at the hotel made me sign a 300$ security deposit and took a photocopy of my driver license... weird. Then I had a sudden craving for McDonald's so I went looking around, it was empty. Emptier than Waterloo, maybe I was driving in the wrong directions. So I ended up going to a gas station and bought some chips. The Indian guy in the gas station didn't seem to trust me either... He had the door locked and wouldn't opened it. He kept asking me what I wanted and I told him that I wanted to buy some food. He looked at me and made me wait in the cold for like 15 minutes before deciding to unlock the door...I bought some Lay Stax, candy bars and promptly left... not before I got gut in line twice by a group of pot heads... they were stinking of weed and were obviously having the munchies, since they bought like half of the rack of snack food. After the potheads I was about to pay when I got cut by this afro american lady with really cool nails. The nails were so long and they looked sharp... I guess that is why I didn't stop her from cutting in line... Didn't want to lose my eyes or something... Hum, I guess that is when I understood the Indian store clerk's relunctance to open doors to random people. Anyhow, went back to the hotel , ate my snacks and watched late night TV. Saw this British cartoon that was so not PC. o.o Went, feeling confused to bed, British humour is lost to me.

Woke up at 7:00am in the morning, dreamless night , the bed was uncomfortable.
The sheets smelled like hotel sheets... that desinfected yet dirty smell. I missed my bed sheets and pillows! So went and ate some breakfast. Stale croissant, OJ and some toast. Got dressed in my suit and checked out. The morning shift guy at the hotel was a lot more cheerful, than the Indian manager from last night. :)

Got to the Telus mobility building and had my orientation/interview. Nothing memorable in he building itself, except that they had an awesome plasma TV at the reception which was playing all the tells ads in a loop. I loved the flying pig one... Ultra cute. Hum, the morning orientation session was informative, learned a lot of stuff... I think. Then I had an interviewing Richard and Mario (didn't know their last names) for 45 mink. I was surprised by the brevity of the interview. I might have been worried, but I knew that everyone was scheduled for only 45 minutes. Another curious thing was the number of people there. 9 students. 6 undergrads, 3 grads. 5 from McMaster, 2 from Waterloo, 1 from UT and 1 from Ryerson. We did a short self introduction in front of everyone, including the managers, vp and the CETO. It was weird, I chocked... had a panic attack or something... couldn't speak properly :( Never had that happen to me before. Interesting enough the CETO's name was Eros. :P Funny thing, is that one of theMacMaster guys there recognized me from my old school, Marionopolis. Wow, the world is such a small place! His name was Eric Ding... I can't say that I remember him... doh

Drove home, and had a chance to catch my tutorial for 428 and my important night class at 7:00! phiew! Oh yeah also had a chance to attend Google's info session... didn't learn anything... and the room was way too packed. I should be studying for my exam tomorrow... but I think I should go to sleep... I miss my bed! :D

Oh yeah, today, I also learned that my friend Alain got into law school in January. Congrats man! (Punk you are so getting your ass kicked when I get back to Montreal! Why didn't you tell me sooner. :P)



<< Home

Powered by Blogger