Bloody Monday...
So, I can't feel my fingers today. Stupid rock climbing... Yeah so I went rock climbing Saturday and yeah amusingly enough it was not as hard and not as scary as I expected. However, It still was hard, as accounted for by the blisters in my hands. And the bleeding fingers. I climbed the walls until I collapsed and fell, thank god for the damn harness and Rich. Heh... Stupid harness gives me an atomic wedgie everytime I fell, which was twice... owie
Things I learnt from rock climbing
- Figure eight knot : apparently a very good knot since it works on the fact that it distributes the stress all around... or something like that
- Six point Check: as a belayer you need to perform the six point check.
- Leg Strap is double backed and secured
- Ditto the other leg strap
- Hip Strap is double backed and secured
- The cord goes thru the two Red loops at the front
- The double eight knot is secured (10 strings, front and back)
- A Keeper knot at the end secures the whole
- Belaying, is to slow down the fall of the climber, to keep the rope tight as the climber climbs, etc.
- Communication is key
- Girls usually don't like to rock climb
- I need some climbing equipment now >.<
- Shit... climbing equipment and gym membership doesn't come cheap
- Double shit... bank account going low
Stone...what?
Anyways, later that day spent the night with my ex-roomie Jacky, this was the last time I am going to see him for a long time, since he is definitely going back to HK this week. Snif snif. We went to eat "taiwanese food" and ended up eating the "taiwanese stone pot" hotpot, which is basically hotpot with with a stone bowl. hehe It was slightly more expensive, but hey it was good. In the middle of the meal, I got a call from Jon asking me if I wanted to go hit the bars with him. Originally, I thought I might, but then Jackie wasn't up for it... so meh.. didn't end up going...
Bored out of my mind
Sunday..... er.... bored... Enough said.
Back to work... crap... naw.. Just kidding
