I am grateful for the kindness of strangers.
Yesterday, it was a beautiful day, six degrees Celsius and sunny like a summer day. Finally, my sister has nagged me enough to convince me that I had to drive her to go shopping. So, lo and behold, I went to try to get my car out of the snow bank that I got stuck in last week. No matter how much I tried to go rock my car back and forth the car was stuck in the snow bank. My sister helped me clear some of the snow, but still the car refused to budge. Finally, after three painful hours, we decided to give up. We put some salt on the snow bank and hoped that the sun will do its job and defrost the ice that has frozen the wheels solid. We went back in for lunch and came out to try out our luck later. When we came out two hours, the snow has melted quite a bit, yet the car was still stuck. At this point, my sister’s patience was wearing thin and my temper was about to boil overboard. Suddenly out of nowhere, this old man came over and started to help me shovel snow. I have no idea where he came from, but anyways it took some time to convince him that I could do all the shoveling, and that it did not matter anyways, since the wheels were well stuck. So, he then suggested that we push the car out of the snow bank. I started pushing and the old gentleman also helped, while my sister was behind the wheel, going on reverse. I heard the motor strain, trying to get the car out of the snow bank to no avail. I was just about to give up and thank the kind gentlemen, when there came a massive man, build like a bodybuilder, who without a word, started to push the car with us, and in a second the car was out of the snow bank. The kindness of both stranger deeply moved me, these strangers came out of nowhere to help my sister and I. I will like to thank them.
Also, note to self, next time shovel the damn driveway.
